June 30, 2011

26 more to go

I can't believe Ive been in Sierra Leone for a month now. I feel like I've been here for both an entire year, and just a few days. After a quick bout of homesickness right off the bat, I’m actually surprised how well I’m adjusting to my new life. I wake up around 630 to take my morning bucket bath, eat a breakfast of either mango or avocado with a cup of tea, and head to a long day of classes from 8 to 5. Then it's back to my host family to hang out and eat rice and more rice, then bedtime around 9 during the week. It's a pretty sweet setup I got going here, and all my fellow trainees are awesome. I could get used to this African life. 

Yesterday we all found out where we'll be living for the next 2 years! I'm going to be living in a town called Fadugu, population around 8,000, and north of Makeni where I am now. I'm really excited, I'll be teaching JSS Integrated Science, which is a mixture of bio, chem and physics for grades 7 through 9. I go to visit my site next weekend (on my birthday! hope those letters are in the mail...) and I can't wait to see my house. I'll take pictures and try and post them as soon as I can.

Alright that's all I got for now. Miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment