August 08, 2011

T-minus 4 days

4 more days until I officially swear-in as a Peace Corps Volunteer! I realize it has been quite a long time since I've updated my blog, but I've been so busy and have been completely slacking. My apologies. Or ooshya in Krio.

So much has happened I'll give you a brief rundown: mango and avocado season is don-don, I'm very sad. I now exist on hard boiled eggs and plantains most days. Or acheke, which is the best street food ever. Get out your cookbooks folks, write this baby down - gari, which is pounded kassava; spaghetti; baked beans; hard boiled eggs; tomatoes; cucumber; mayo; ketchup; onions; and delicious love. Trust me, sounds disgusting, and in America I would've agreed. But in Africa? It's lasagna.

Also, I visited my site on my birthday back in July. It's bigger than I expected, and I'm very excited to just move to site and start setting up my house and start planning lesson plans. Speaking of, I move this Sunday! Then my official 2 year service starts and I can. not. wait. to be independent. Training is a very exhausting program and I'm excited to live on my own.

Okay, that's it for now. Miss you all! PS I saw the new Harry Potter (got a bootleg, obvs have my priorities straight) and it was awesome. Wish I could've seen it on the big screen.

2 comments:

  1. We are SO proud of you Chach. You are "walking the walk" and we are awed by your love of life & the compassion you show those in need. You've already figured out what it takes most of us a lifetime to learn.
    Love you, ATWABA, Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have been visiting your blog. Good luck. ¡Congratulations for your work! I invite you to visit my blog about literature, philosophy and films:
    http://alvarogomezcastro.over-blog.es

    Greetings from Santa Marta, Colombia

    ReplyDelete